Tuesday 29 July 2014

21 Of The Best Feel-Good Movies!

Hello!

This week's been a bit of a down-in-the-doldrums week (if you don't have a clue what I'm going on about read HERE) BUT I have watched some of my favourite movies to help cheer me up and they are the perfect medicine. So, I thought I'd share them with you, just in case you're feeling a bit under the weather, or you just like having movie days!

Now, I have watched a lot of movies this past week... like, I've spent nearly every day, all day, watching movie after movie, after movie. After movie. There are a few of these that I haven't got round to watching yet, but they're on the list for the rest of my week!

1.

Mary Poppins

Without doubt, this is my favourite movie from my childhood! This is my go-to movie whenever I need a bit of a pick-me-up, I know every word to every song in this movie because... I'm not at all obsessed... Nooo. Okay, I am, but what is not to love about Julie Andrews?!

2.

The Railway Children

I used to always wish I could be a one of the Railway Children and for that, I will never stop loving this film. I don't mean the modern version one either, I mean the one with Jenny Agutter in it; she's my fave.

3.

Bride Wars

A seriously hilarious movie. Two best friends, a.k.a. two brides. Accidentally sharing the same wedding day. It's just... just... Go watch it! It's awesome!

4.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Another childhood favourite. Another one I can tell you every lyric to!

5.

Chalet Girl

I looooooove skiing, and this one is kind of to do with that. More snowboarding than skiing but meh, same thing! It's an English actor thing too which I find awesome because it's rare to find a good movie with English actors.

6.

We're The Millers

I already mentioned this particular movie in the last Mid Week Pick-Me-Up because it makes me laugh. A lot.

7.

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

First of all, don't confuse this with Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. I'm talking about the original one, not the one with Johnny Depp in it (sorry Johnny, I love you but this one's so much better). Second of all, I love the bubble scene of this one - the first time I saw it, I went round and told everyone they were "naughty boys"... Yep, I was a right goody-two-shoes.

8.

The Mighty Ducks

Ice hockey. I love ice hockey. Enough said.

9.

Bridget Jones's Diary

Just a super British movie and I know exactly how you feel Bridget, I feel ya!

10.

The Holiday

Literally one of the only movies that is set at Christmas time and I don't class it as a Chirstmas movie - go figure! Again, a bit of British-ness in it - I just love the English-y bits because most movies you can watch and see that they're really Americanised but this one has the best of both worlds!

11.

The Princess Diaries

I always thought that one day a long lost family member would come and find me to tell me I'm a secret princess, thanks to this movie... I'm still waiting...

12.

Rumour Has It

Jennifer Aniston is an amazing actress and I loved her when she played Rachel in Friends so I often watch her movies. Just going to ask the typically expected question of me here - how does she not age?! I'm sure she's immortal or something because I swear she's never changed! Anyway, the moral of this movie is, don't do what your mother did. Or your grandmother... 

13.

What To Expect When You're Expecting

Hilariously funny, I'd watch the trailer first if you are expecting to make sure it doesn't terrify you but I don't think it will because it just poses all of the most common scenarios that could happen to you when you're expecting a baby but it does it in a belly-laughing way!

14.

The Smurfs

Little insider knowledge for you here, I always get called Smurphs because my last name is Murphy, so I like Smurfs tons! I'm not quite a legitimate Smurf though - I'm not blue - although that's a great idea if I ever need a fancy dress outfit!

15.

Definitely, Maybe

Ryan Reynolds. Mmm, mmm, mmmmmm! Ahem, sorry for that little outburst! So, yeah, this movie has Ryan Reynolds in it and he reminisces about three of his past girlfriends, changing their names, as his daughter tries to figure out which is her mother and which is his true love. Awwww.

16.

The Proposal

This isn't another one with Ryan Reynolds in it... Noooo... Okay, I like Ryan Reynolds. Just as an actor though, of course... Another hilariously funny movie as he has to fake a relationship with his ever so slightly pushy, bossy boss.

17.

Shrek

Another little fact for you, my mama's name is Fiona and when the movie first came out, the younger children in the family started calling her Princess Fiona... As long as they were meaning the human version she said she didn't mind! Anyway, Donkey is just the cutest, annoying little thing ever!

18.

Tangled

My best friend loves Disney movie in ways that most little un's even don't, so she made me watch this and it's another one that just makes you feel all light-hearted and want to sing along to! Yeah, I do know a lot of the words...

19.

This Means War

One of the most amusing movies I've watched in a long time and it has Chris Pine and Tom Hardy in it. It also has the stunning Reese Witherspoon in it. I want two secret agents to fight over me - I can dream!

20.

Flushed Away

When this was originally released I lurvved it. I haven't watched this in several years but I did watch the trailer on YouTube and it's officially made it onto my list for watching over the next few days.

21.

Knocked Up

And another hilarious comedy to end with! A bit explicit, though, so be careful who you watch it around if you get my gist! I think you can guess what it's about from the title, so I won't bother trying to explain it without making it sound any less explicit than it is!


There are a lot more movies there than I planned on telling you about but I just kept thinking of another, after another, after another! I hope there weren't too many for you to take in there! Enjoy!

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment