Tuesday 15 July 2014

For the Birthday Princess...

Dear Little One,

This is just a little letter to you that, I hope, one day in the future when you're all grown up, you'll read and see just how much I love you and how special you are.

You're officially two as of the exact time this post went up!

Until there is someone as special as you in your own life, you will never understand just how quick you're growing up. I remember the first day I saw you, and the next day, and the day after that too. (Shhh, don't tell your sisters but you were definitely the most well-behaved baby out of the three of you ;) ). You were the most precious little thing I'd ever seen, in your bundle of pinkness! This is a warning, Daisy Doo, stop growing up! Even when you're thirteen, and probably don't want big hugs from me, I'll be giving them to you, because you'll always be my baby goddaughter that nuzzled into my chest when you couldn't sleep.







I know I'm bias, so some might say my opinion doesn't really count, but you're the most beautiful little girl there is, with your big blue eyes and little blonde pigtails - you make my heart melt, baby girl - dye your hair and I'm going to cry... Buckets! Seriously. Don't dye your hair. It's beautiful. And don't you dare ever let anybody tell you you're not the most stunning and delicate Little One that they ever did see, because you just tell me and I'm gonna go kick some butt! You're amazing.




Every time I see you, no matter how often it is, you always seem to have grown up that little bit more, saying new words  - your current favourites are "owanges", "no", "babyyy" and "baf", just in case you're wondering - and doing new things; I know you'll be off to school before I know it!



It was because of me going to university that we started our real, whole-day little park days and play dates - it was something that just the two of us could do together and get some proper Daisy and Tatie time, and I could spoil you tons too (remember, all of those bubbles and cakes are a secret from mummy - we always forget to save any for the grown-ups ;) ). It's also probably the reason that every time you manage to get hold of my phone you look at it and go "cheeeeeese" with a big, cheesy grin on your face.









You make me smile on days you don't even know I'm feeling down and, it's on them days especially, I don't know what I'd do without you. You're this gorgeous little light that nobody can help but love. All I ever want to do is see that smile on your face and I'm not going to be happy if anyone ever stops you from smiling - I'll kick their butt too! Promise.

There is nothing I wouldn't do for you (and you know it, I'm sure!), every time I walk through the door you have that cheeky grin on your face, as if to say you already have planned where you're taking me to that day (I don't get the choice, I just follow, and that's the way I love it). One day you can hopefully look back at this blog, figure out how this blog came about (I know you're going to be a clever girl, so that shouldn't be difficult for you) and see all of the different places we've been and what we've done.



I love you so much, Little One.

Tatie xxxxxx



P.s. I have a lot of embarrassing baby pictures of you, expect me to show them to any and all future boyfriends - it's in my Godmother contract!

No comments:

Post a Comment