Monday 11 August 2014

Music Crush #10

Hello!

I can't believe we're at Music Crush #10 already! I've seriously just gone back through all the previous ones, sure I'd made a mistake and missed a few numbers out along the way! Apparently not though, apparently we really are at the tenth Music Crush!

I recently heard that Charlie Simpson (a former member of Busted, if you're not sure who he is) has brought out a new album; his second solo album. 

I've heard a few songs on it but haven't had the chance to get out and buy it yet so I haven't listened to all the songs to decide which is my favourite. It really made me want to listen to his previous album though, so I did!

This weeks Music Crush was easy for me... for once!

Charlie Simpson
~~~
Cemetery


Being all predictable on my song choice there by choosing his first single from that album but I seriously adore it. I love this one and Farmer and His Gun is probably a very close second favourite.

I can't even tell you what it is that gets me so much about this song. It's one of my most played songs on my iTunes (you can read my Top 25 HERE, if you're interested, if not... just don't click it!), I think it was sitting at #25 last time I looked but that's probably changed the amount I've listened to it this week!

Maybe it's all of the imagery that the lyrics provide me with and the metaphors... so English student-y of me, I know, what can I say, I have English analysis on my brain 24/7.

I love the opening lines:

Welcome to my cemetery gates
I lost your love and I buried it here

The idea of there being a cemetery for all your past loves and broken hearts is something even my over-imaginative brain had never thought of.

I think everyone will like something different about this song and have their own interpretation, the best way to figure out what you think about it is to listen to it! Aaaand, because I'm so nice, I've embedded a video so you can listen to it right here!


Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment