Wednesday 16 July 2014

A Mid Week Pick-Me-Up #6

Hello!

This post is going to start with an extra cute little birthday message, to an extra cute little nephew on his first birthday!

Aside from the fact that you're obviously the cutest Chief Little One there is, and you're obviously the secret prince because you were born in the same year and only a week apart  from the the royal baby, Prince George - they must have got you mixed up with him because there's no way you're not a prince, too - you're the giggliest (and grumpiest) little boy I know, and you're going to be such a lady-killer when you're older, I can see it already! Love you, little Dude.


Now for this week's Mid Week Pick-Me-Up!

To try and stick to the family theme that seems to have started this post... and yesterday's post was very familial as well, actually... This is the quote I have chosen for this week.

(Source)

"Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten." - Stitch (Lilo and Stitch)

I know I normally do my own little drawing of whatever the pick-me-up is each week but I really loved this one. 

I not only love the quote because it's from one of my favourite movies when I was younger, but I love the drawing of Stitch and it would take me a long time to draw anything that good. So, I thought why not just share the original with you rather than try and put my own twist on something that's already pretty amazing.

Family means a lot to me and it always will, because every little part of my family is important to me. I would do anything for them but I also know that they'd do anything for me.

My family don't all live near each other but we still all come together when we're needed or for big occasions like big birthdays or Christmas. We spend Christmas together every year, all of us, without fail, there are no excuses allowed but it's one of my favourite times of year just because we all get to be together on that one day. 

You should always love your family like there's no tomorrow because you never know when something horrible could happen and could snatch someone important away from you, when you think it could never happen to you.

Cherish every moment you get with your family, young or old, everybody needs love. And giraffes. Everybody needs giraffes too... Just saying.

Katie x


Have you read the previous Mid Week Pick-Me-Up's?

No comments:

Post a Comment